If you are aged 25 or older and want to get a college degree, you can now do so for FREE at North Shore Community College through a new state program called MassReconnect.
Massachusetts residents 25 years of age or older can take advantage of this opportunity to earn an associate degree or certificate for free at any of the Commonwealth’s 15 public community colleges. Once grants and scholarships are applied to your bill, the state will cover the remaining balance. The program provides financial support to cover the cost of tuition, fees, books and supplies as well as provide funding for career and wraparound support services to encourage you to stay enrolled and complete your degree.
To qualify for MassReconnect, you must:
- Be at least 25 years old on the first day of classes
- Have been a permanent legal resident of the Commonwealth for at least one year at start of the enrolled term
- Have not previously received an associate or bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
- Enroll in at least six credits per semester in an approved program of study leading to an associate degree or certificate
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress according to the college’s requirements
- Complete the 23-24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Please visit https://www.northshore.edu/massreconnect/index.html for more information on MassReconnect and how to get started.